"We have been working with The Contract Dining Company since June 2015 and are so glad we made the change! The food quality is superb and the children are enjoying trying new, healthy food. To top it off, every member of staff from the company that I have met along the way has been passionate about children eating good quality food. Their family approach to the school fits perfectly with our ethos. We are looking forward to the cookery sessions in school, which demonstrates how the company goes that step further than any other catering company I have worked with. If you are thinking about moving companies - I highly recommend The Contract Dining Company, best move we ever made!"
Apply for free school meals
Universal free school meals
If your child is in year 2 or below they can get free school meals. If you receive certain benefits, your child's school can also get some additional money to support their learning if you register.
Who can get them?
You must receive one of these benefits to qualify:
• Income Support.
• Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
• Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190.
• Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
• An income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker.
We may ask for proof of benefit after you apply.
Change to your details?
If your circumstances change you need to get in touch with Kent County Council as you may need to make a new application.
• there is a change in the benefits you receive
• your child changes school during the school year.
You do not need to re-apply when your child is moving from primary to secondary school.
Call Kent County Council on 03000 41 64 64 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, if your circumstances have changed.
You can use the following link to apply: